In case you are worried you are having a Groundhog day scenario going on and are still living Wednesday, I know I’m a day late…I’m not sure how it’s already Thursday! When discussing whether or not Glee was on tonight, I told Steve it’s not on Tuesday’s anymore, so it won’t be on until Thursday, whoops!
Better late than never, on with the show!
As “D-day” gets closer, I was doing some reflecting and was really surprised at all the things we’ve done since we found out Baby P was going to be (and by default, all the things Baby P has tagged along for).
So for posterity if nothing else, Baby P has:
- Road tripped to Minneapolis…twice!
- Attended the funeral of my Uncle
- Had a lemon drop martini and some sushi (yep, before I knew he was to be, sorry Baby)
- Countless girl’s craft nights
- St. Patty’s parade in Omaha
- Flew to Orlando…twice
- Went to Sea World, Disney World, and Universal Studios. Disney has a surprising number of rides for pregnant ladies!
- Celebrated his daddy’s birthday
- Celebrated his mommy’s birthday
- Adopted a new puppy
- Boogied down at 5 different weddings
- Threw a wedding shower
- Went to the archery range
- Ate dinner at a whole in the wall chicken place that also doubles as a raccoon observatory
- Went to countless puppy and dog classes to get Lucy and Hurley ready for his arrival
- Flew to Colorado for vacation…twice
- Flew to Dallas…in August…what was Mommy thinking?!
- Attended an open house at Dad’s work to see what he does every day
- Went to the Omaha zoo…lots
- Went on a gondola ride in downtown Omaha
- Went to the Union Pacific Museum
- Attended a baseball game at Werner Park
- Toured a whole bunch of daycares until we found one we all liked
- Cheered on Dad in some softball games
- Road tripped to South Dakota for his Great Great Aunt’s 90th birthday
- Checked out some movies at the theater
- Helped Grandma and Grandpa celebrate their 40th anniversary
- Told Grandmas, grandpas, aunts, uncles, and cousins that he was a boy!
- Hung out while mom and and dad landscaped the yard
- Did a LOT of garage-saleing
- Took the puppies on their first ever trip to the swimming pool
- Met with the insurance agent to get everything all ready for his arrival.
- Went to visit Aunt Kimberly in Dubuque
- Rode on the world’s steepest, shortest, scenic train
- Toured the Fort Worth stockyards
- Cleaned and organized the house like it was my job
- Decorated my new room!
- Went to baby class so Mom and Dad could learn how to get me out of here!
- Saw the Dr. with mom a LOT
- Took a Riverboat Cruise through downtown Omaha
Phew!! He’s been a busy little guy on top of growing like a champ. It’s exciting to look back on all the adventures we’ve taken in the last 34 weeks and even more exciting to start planning all the things we want to do with him once he’s here! Keep cooking little buddy, but we’re so pumped to have you here with us very soon